Ministry of Forests
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home a few days a week subject to an approved telework agreement. Flexible work options may not be available during emergency operations response periods.
Two (2) positions are available, one (1) in Alexis Creek and one (1) in 100 Mile House.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.
$67,728.87 - $77,012.22 annually $59.78 bi-weekly isolation allowance for Alexis Creek
Join dedicated professionals making valuable contributions to the lives of British Columbians
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is the Province of BC’s primary emergency response organization. It operates year-round to deliver its mandate for wildfire management and response to natural hazard emergencies. The BCWS operates provincially, delivering services through six fire centres, thirty-three zones and two provincial centres in Kamloops and Victoria.
This position is responsible for performing a core set of functions related to fire response and fire management.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why Work for the Ministry of Forests.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in a field related to forestry, resource management or equivalent knowledge, plus 1-year recent related experience; or
- Technical diploma in a field related to forestry, resource management, or equivalent knowledge, plus 3 years recent related experience; or
- Grade 12 plus 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and training; and
- Related experience is defined as operations or other disciplines related to natural resource management.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
For more information and to apply online by October 2, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/104349