Ministry of Forests
Location: (hybrid). Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work 2 or more days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
The Timber Pricing Officer position can be based in any Ministry of Forests office. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity and are not a complete list of locations.
$75,454.69 - $96,020.36 annually
The Regional Operations Timber Pricing program ensures timber measurements, pricing, billing and log export authorizations are conducted correctly. The program implements policies and procedures to minimize financial risk while enhancing forest sector competitiveness and data accuracy. The program ensures that revenue oversight requirements identified in Forest Act statutes, policy and procedures and the Ministry of Forests Service Plan are met.
The Timber Pricing Officer works with appraisal staff and directs and monitors the North Area's timber pricing activities by developing and implementing regional appraisal procedures and guidelines, ensuring adherence to appraisal policies, reviewing and resolving appraisal disputes, acting as a senior resource person for appraisal issues, preparing reports, analysis and recommendations, communicating with clients and making stumpage rate determinations.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Registered Professional Forester with the Forest Professionals of BC (FPBC).
• Note: Immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the FPBC within six (6) months of employment. Confirmation of registration/eligibility is required before an offer of employment can be made.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) or Diploma in Forestry, Natural Resource Management or other directly related discipline as recognized by the FPBC.
• Experience identifying linkages in issue, determining cause and effect and providing sound advice to statutory decision makers.
• Experience in consulting with partners in natural resource management.
• Experience managing concurrent and complex priorities to produce results within restrictive timeframes.
For more information and to apply online by September 28, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/104351