DWB is a dynamic, multidisciplinary consulting firm that specializes in offering a full suite of value-added environmental, engineering and forestry services to our clients in Western Canada. Since 1990, DWB has grown from a small family run business to a multi-faceted company with over 150 staff in offices throughout British Columbia.
We are currently seeking applications for experienced timber cruisers in our Prince George and Burns Lake offices. These are full time, field based positions and are available immediately.
DWB can offer you a great opportunity to grow your career in the field of forestry. As these are field positions, you must be ready to show your tough side as you will be working long hours in remote locations, in all weather conditions. The work is physically and mentally demanding, but you will learn a lot about yourself and how to work in a team environment.
- Minimum of one season of experience as a timber cruiser within BC
- Preference will be given to applicants with an accreditation with the FPBC, or eligible for registration
- Experience with layout, riparian assessment, ecological data collection and timber reconnaissance is an asset
- Use of Cruisemate
- Passion for working outdoors
- Work well on a team
- Safe working mindset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Stand data collection for appraisal purposes, including tree species, pathological indicators, damage criteria, height and diameter of trees
- Quality assurance of collected data
- Crew lead responsible for a cruising assistant
- Preparation of field packages including maps, and spatial files, and safety forms
DWB offers a competitive salary, travel allowance and year end bonus for eligible employees. For full time, eligible employees, we also offer a health benefits package, moving allowance, professional association fee compensation and continuing education opportunities. DWB sponsors annual company trips for their full time employees including ocean fishing charters, Okanagan wine tasting tours, fly-in remote hunting trips, and more!
Please email a resume (with references) and cover letter to the below email with “Timber Cruiser” in the subject line.
Laura Kozak, RPF, RPBio
DWB would like to thank all those that apply but will only be contacting those candidates who are short-listed for an interview.
Closing Date for receipt of resumes: September 22, 2023