South Cariboo Woodlands Team in 100 Mile House has an opportunity for a forest professional for the role of Silviculture Coordinator.
Reporting to the Silviculture Superintendent, the Coordinator will work with a team of professionals responsible for all reforestation activities. Our Silviculture Coordinators enjoy a mix of field and office work while living in the community of 100 Mile House.
- As a Silviculture Coordinator, you would be responsible for all aspects of reforestation in a designated area. This includes developing plans and prescriptions, contract administration, contractor supervision, data collection, reporting, and budget preparation.
- Program coordination with other members of the Silviculture team and the Planning and Operations Departments.
- Additional responsibilities include monitoring contractor compliance with safe operating procedures, SFI certifications, and health and safety programs.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A forestry, natural resources, or relevant degree or diploma.
- A Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) Designation with Forest Professionals of British Columbia (FPBC).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proven organizational skills, and a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges.
- 1-4 years of relevant silviculture experience.
- Knowledge of ArcMap, the Land Resource Manager, MS Office, iPads, Drones, and GPS will be considered an asset.
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive base salary of $71,000-83,000/year with annual bonus opportunity
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, pension, life insurance, disability, accident insurance, vacation, and holidays
- About 100 Mile House | District of 100 Mile House
- 100 Mile House and surrounding area is home to approximately 15,000 people and offers a close knit, friendly atmosphere with modern recreation, education and medical facilities, and excellent outdoor leisure opportunities
About West Fraser:
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE and recognized for the eleventh time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people, and strength in products.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe.
West Fraser continues to invest in our manufacturing facilities to ensure they are modern and competitive. We have a sustainable forestry practice and continue to innovate our processes and diversify our products, including investing in bioenergy.
We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package, including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive and diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that reflect the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment based on race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at https://www.westfraser.com/careers and discover more about our current opportunities!
Internal Applicants, click here: https://t11.ultipro.ca
Leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.