Ministry of Forests
Multiple Locations (Hybrid)
This position is also posted as a STO under REQ 101392.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home a few days a week subject to an approved telework agreement. This position can be based in any of the following Ministry of Forests offices in the South Coast Region: Surrey, Powell River, Squamish, Chilliwack.
Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer-Disposition
$75,454.69 - $96,020.36 annually
The Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer-Disposition will be a part of a dynamic team finding land-based solutions to a wide range of complex natural resource projects. Their specialized expertise in land will help inform how best to align and resolve opposing interests prior to decision under the Land Act. The South Coast has a complex geography of overlapping land interests requiring special consideration in decisions. This includes but is not limited to: economic, recreational, cultural, institutional, and residential development; high ecological value; projected pressures from climate change; and, rich and diverse Indigenous cultures. They will support the Province’s commitment to the application of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act through strengthened partnerships and meaningful engagement with Indigenous peoples in the management of the land base and natural resources in BC.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Master’s Degree in a field related to natural resource management, forestry or agriculture or equivalent knowledge, plus three (2) years of *related experience, OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to natural resource management, forestry or agriculture or equivalent knowledge, plus three (3) years of *related experience, OR
- A Diploma in the resource management field, plus 6 years of *related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- *Related experience includes all of the following:
- Experience resolving conflict in a manner that satisfies partners with varying and opposing interests.
- Experience in finding solutions to Land disposition challenges.
- Experience managing and leading multiple moderate to large scope natural resource projects, and experience with multi-agency resource projects.
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a fully licensed professional with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area. (i.e., Forest Professionals British Columbia (FPBC), Institute of Agrologists, Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
For more information and to apply online by August 9, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/101393