Ministry of Forests
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work 2 or more days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer
$75,454.69 - $96,020.36 annually
Apply your expertise and passion for innovation to this rewarding career opportunity
The Senior Licensed Authorizations Specialist provides specialist services to the Natural Resource Sector in evaluating resource applications, conducting applied research, and leading or participating in complex projects. This position may supervise professional and technical staff.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why Work for the Ministry of Forests.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association.
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Professional Forester (RPF), with Forest Professionals BC (FPBC). Note: Immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to FPBC within six (6) months of employment. Confirmation of registration/eligibility is required before an offer of employment can be made.
- Experience in negotiating and consulting with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor staff.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license
- Meet safety standards of WorkSafe BC
- Conduct fieldwork which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
For more information and to apply online by October 8, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/104607