Planning Forester, Grand Forks, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Planning Forester, you will be a key part of the planning team responsible for all aspects of timber development. Our Planning Foresters can balance a mix of field and office work and require a strong commitment to safety and the environment.
What You’ll Do
- Preparation & implementation of Forest Stewardship Plans.
- Implementation of higher-level plan objectives.
- Site plans, logging plans and road site plan preparation consistent with FSP’s.
- Government and stakeholder liaison.
- Consulting contract administration, supervision, and quality control of consultant development.
- Cutting Permit administration & knowledge of appraisals.
What You Offer
- Must be a registered RPF/RFT or eligible to register with Forest Professionals British Columbia.
- Preference would be given to candidates with experience in a similar capacity within the industry.
- Background in road and cutblock layout, surveying, cruising and/or scaling, a working knowledge of harvesting systems including cable yarding and tethered harvesting.
- Previous experience in Contract supervision is an asset.
- Strong computer skills and related software knowledge including forestry applications like GIS, LRM, and BC government websites (ECAS, ESF, HBS).
- Dependable and high level of physical fitness.
- Provide strong safety leadership and the ability to identify and reduce risk throughout the operations.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with government agencies, contractors, suppliers, First Nations, and other stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Interior Appraisal Manual and the Post-Harvest Appraisal Reconciliation Model (PHARM).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with a highly interactive/energetic team environment and independently.
- Detail & results oriented.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.