Ministry of Forests
Hazelton or Terrace
This position can be based out of either of the locations listed above. Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
$67,931.58 - $86,624.56 annually. $43.17 bi-weekly isolation allowance for Hazelton.
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) is a unique program of the Ministry of Forests. Working collaboratively with regional and district operations, BCTS plans, develops, and auctions a substantial portion of the province’s annual available timber volume. BCTS operations are guided by three overarching principles, forest sector safety, reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples and sustainable forest management.
The Planning Forester analyzes and produces a wide range of data to develop integrated resource and operational plans, primarily the Forest Stewardship Plan (FSP) and operating plans. This role develops and implements results and strategies to meet the FSP and ensures planning components meet legislative, operating, and certification requirements. The position provides functional direction to field team professionals and technicians with expertise in timber development, harvesting, engineering and silviculture.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or be eligible for registration as an RPF with Forest Professionals British Columbia (FPBC) and two (2) years of experience in operational field forestry activities.
Operational field forestry activities include the following:
- Timber harvesting monitoring/conformance.
- Cut-block development
- Forest road engineering
- Timber tenure development and administration.
- Planning integrated resource management
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
For more information and to apply online by August 24, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/103652