Are you interested in working for a company that offers a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser South Cariboo Woodlands division has an opportunity located at 100 Mile House or Williams Lake, BC for a:
Reporting to the Planning Superintendent, the Planning Coordinator will work with a team of professionals responsible for all timber development activities. This role provides a balanced mix of field and office work opportunities, with exposure to various aspects of our diversified and integrated business.
- Timber reconnaissance and development, cutting permit acquisition and appraisals
- Government, public, and First Nations liaison
- Contract administration and supervision
- Developing harvesting and road plans
- Incorporating wildlife and other environmental values into harvest area designs
- Coordinating all necessary fieldwork, including cut block and road layout
- Consulting stakeholders
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a Registered Forest Professional (RPF or RFT), or eligible for registration with the Forest Professionals BC (FPBC),
- Have two years of relevant forestry experience
- Have some experience in planning and cutting permit development
- Have a working knowledge of the appraisal system and timber cruising or other relevant forestry experience
- Candidates with lesser experience or qualifications or suited for other opportunities may be considered for this position or other positions within our Woodlands Team
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive base salary with annual bonus opportunity
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, pension, life insurance, disability, accident insurance, vacation, and holidays
About West Fraser:
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE and recognized for the tenth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people, and strength in products.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe.
West Fraser continues to invest in our manufacturing facilities to ensure they are modern and competitive. We have a sustainable forestry practice and continue to innovate our processes and diversify our products, including investing in bioenergy.
We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package, including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive and diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that reflect the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment based on race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at https://www.westfraser.com/careers and discover more about our current opportunities!
Internal Applicants, click here: https://t11.ultipro.ca
Leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.