Ministry of Forests
Campbell River (On-Site)
There are currently two (2) permanent opportunities available.
$67,728.87 - $77,012.22 annually
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) works collaboratively with regional and district operations to plan, develop and auction a substantial portion of the province’s annual available timber volume. A career path in BC Timber Sales offers exceptional opportunities to develop new solutions to complex problems and to learn and grow personally and professionally. Existing and future BCTS employees have the opportunity to impact public and private forests, communities, the economy and the lives of British Columbians in positive and unique ways. To find out more about our program, check out the BCTS website.
The Operations Technologist is responsible for developing operating standards, implementing new forest management practices, contract management, coordinating technical activities, monitoring adherence to legislative and environmental standards and providing technical expertise to staff in one or more of the following areas: tenure development, road and block layout, silviculture, timber tenure administration and forestry contract administration.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why Work for the Ministry of Forests.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduation from an approved technical institute with a diploma or degree in resource or forestry management and three (3) years of experience in one (1) or more operational field forestry activities, OR
- An equivalent combination of education or experience such as five (5) years of experience in one (1) or more area of operational field forestry.
- Operational field forestry activities include the following:
- Timber harvesting monitoring/conformance
- Cut-block development
- Forest road engineering
- Timber tenure development and administration
- Applicants must be registered or eligible for registration with Forest Professionals British Columbia (FPBC) as a Registered Forest Technologist or equivalent.
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
For more information and to apply online by January 30, 2024, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/108397