Ministry of Forests
Quesnel, Williams Lake
Currently, there are two positions available: one in Williams Lake and one in Quesnel.
$67,728.87 - $77,012.22 annually
Three principles guide BC Timber Sales (BCTS): forest sector safety, reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples and sustainable forest management. BCTS's goal is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the Market Pricing System. BCTS has three objectives: sell the BCTS apportionment over the business cycle, generate revenue for the Province and pursue continuous business improvements.
The Operations Technologist is responsible for developing operating standards, implementing new forest management practices, contract management, coordinating technical activities, monitoring adherence to legislative and environmental standards and providing technical expertise to staff in one or more of the following areas: tenure development, road and block layout, silviculture, timber tenure administration and forestry contract administration.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduation from an approved technical institute with a diploma or degree in resource or forestry management and three years of experience in one or more operational field forestry activities. OR
- An equivalent combination of education or experience such as, or five years of experience in one or more operational field forestry.
Operational field forestry activities include one or more of the following:
- Timber harvesting monitoring/conformance
- Cut-block development
- Forest road engineering
- Timber tenure development and administration
- Applicants must be registered or eligible for registration with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP) as a Registered Forest Technologist or equivalent.
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
For more information and to apply online by August 17, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/103187