At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers connected by a common cause, turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's ESG Services practice provides a broad range of ISO (Environment, Quality, Health and Safety and GhG), forest certification, and forest carbon-related services to clients across Canada and Internationally. As we expand, there is an opportunity for professionals at the manager level to join our Vancouver-based ESG Services team.
This position is focused on providing ISO certification, forest certification, and forest carbon-related services to public and private sector clients and First Nations, but will also support the delivery of ESG-related services across a range of other industry sectors.
The position requires travel throughout North America and offers the opportunity to work on international forestry and sustainability assignments.
What you will do
- Participating in the delivery of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, forest certification audits, chain of custody audits, and forest carbon verification audits
- Support the delivery of forest carbon related consulting, assurance and verification engagements.
- Assisting in the delivery of ESG assurance and advisory services across a range of public and private sector clients
What you bring to the role
- A degree in forestry, biology, engineering, environmental science, or a related discipline.
- Recognition as an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, or ISO 45001 lead auditor.
- Consulting or auditing experience in progressive roles associated with ISO certification, sustainable forestry, greenhouse gas, or environmental management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the client's business and maintain strong client relationships as well as develop new business opportunities.
- Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience in forest carbon modeling (CBM-CFS3), forest management planning, timberland planning, and forest operations
- Exposure to or audit experience with GHG verification standards such as ISO 14064:3
- Exposure to climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies, particularly related to land use
- Accreditation experience would be an asset
- French language proficiency
In British Columbia, the expected annual total compensation range for this position is $78,000 to $135,000. The determination of an applicant’s compensation within this range is based on the individual’s location, skills & competencies, and unique qualifications. In addition to total compensation, KPMG also offers a comprehensive, competitive Total Rewards program.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.