Ministry of Forests
Multiple Locations (Hybrid)
Currently there are 2 permanent opportunities available.
These positions can be based in any Ministry of Forests office on Vancouver Island.
This position is also posted as a STO R24 in requisition 102465.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week as per the Telework Agreement.
Licensed Authorizations Officer-Water
$67,931.58 - $86,624.56 annually
This position works in the Water Authorization team in West Coast Regional Operations. The role of the Water Authorizations team is to implement the Water Sustainability Act with a goal of achieving long term water sustainability through surface water and groundwater licensing and management. The work is primarily office based with some opportunity for site visits and stream flow monitoring during the drought season.
As the Licensed Authorizations Officer - Water, you are highly service oriented with excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to natural resource management issues. The Licensed Authorizations Officer – Water provides technical analysis, and advice, support and recommendations to a statutory decision-maker regarding the allocation of water and adjudication of water authorizations under the Water Sustainability Act for the West Coast Region.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a resource management field, PLUS 2 years of related experience working in natural resource management, OR,
- Diploma in a resource management field, PLUS 3 years of related experience working in natural resource management; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Professional (i.e., Registered Professional Forester, Registered Professional Agrologist, or Professional Engineer/Geoscientist) with the British Columbia association as required by the specialty area.
- Experience working with and/or applying natural resource management theories, legislation, practices, concepts and processes.
For more information and to apply online by August 20, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/102466