Ministry of Forests
Currently there are 3 permanent opportunities available.
This position is also posted as a STO in requisition 103914.
Licensed Authorizations Officer
$67,931.58 - $86,624.56 annually
The Ministry of Forests has a mandate to manage specified Crown land and resources in a manner that embraces the economic, environmental and social goals of government. These results are all essential to improving the global competitiveness of BC industry and our ability to attract private investment and to stimulate economic growth and job creation across the province.
As the Licensed Authorizations Officer, you will work in a variety of settings and provide professional advice and may make decisions regarding the allocation of resources and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association.
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area. (e.g., Forest Professionals British Columbia, Institute of Agrologists, Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists). Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the appropriate BC association within 6 months of employment.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in natural resource management.
- Experience performing technical duties and working with key statutes that support natural resource management.
- A minimum of one year experience in consulting, negotiating and resolving conflicts with stakeholders in natural resource management.
For more information and to apply online by August 23, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/103915