Canoe Forest Products Ltd. is a division of the Gorman Group of Companies, located near Salmon Arm, BC, and is a busy Plywood production facility. Canoe Forest Products Ltd. (CFP) produces superior quality Canadian softwood sheathing and specialty plywood products under the trademark CANOE brand. Since 1965, the CANOE brand has distinguished itself as a premium quality plywood panel that is well recognized and valued throughout the world.
We are seeking an GIS Administrator to join our team! Reporting to the Forestry Manager, this position provides leadership and expertise in the management and delivery of information services to the Woodlands team and maintains the integrity of forestry information databases and information system.
Strategic leadership and management of a Geographic Information System. Sourcing new technology, training, optimizing workflows, budgeting.
- Improve and maintain the integrity of the GIS data, in a multiuser environment, using the ESRI suite of products (ArcGIS Desktop/Pro and extensions).
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to operational and planning teams for information technology needs.
- Support team in managing and processing data for use in analysis and reporting.
- Produce and maintain operational map templates.
- Perform complex mapping and data analysis tasks, including spatial analysis, geo-processing, 3D landscapes, developing scripts and models (Model Builder / Python).
- Demonstrated experience automating repetitive tasks using Model Builder, Python, or FME
- Perform data extract, transfer and load processes between related databases and various data formats.
- Process LiDAR data into end user products and integrate into existing workflows.
- Create and update ArcOnline map applications.
- Achieve consistent safety, environmental, operational, quality and financial objectives.
- Post-secondary education in Forestry and/or IT/GIS, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop/Pro and ArcGIS Online
- Strong analytical skills and geo-processing experience.
- Strong cartographic and graphic design skills.
- Ability to script in Python and write SQL
- Familiarity with opensource GIS is an asset.
- Experience with FTA, RESULTS submissions and PhoenixConnect are an asset.
- Excellent organization, communication, and team skills.
- A problem solver with decision making skills; and an independent person able to work under limited direct supervision as well as in a dynamic team environment.
The Gorman Group of Companies is family owned and proudly made up of Gorman Bros. Lumber Ltd., Canoe Forest Products, Oroville Reman and Reload, Downie Timber, Selkirk Cedar, and Lumby Pole Divisions. For over 70 years, we have been known for creating The Finest Boards and other specialty wood products. Perhaps even more, we are known for working together.
The Gorman Group is more than just a group of companies…we are a family! We value the family roots that connect us and the employees that work for us. We believe our employees are fundamental to our success as we strive to become the employer of choice through our strong family values, culture, community involvement, innovation, and constant drive for excellence.
The Gorman Group is committed to the well-being of future generations and is fully committed to responsible and sustainable forest management of the lands where our operations are conducted. Our commitment to the environment encompasses the highest levels of stewardship and welcomes accountability.
- Family supporting jobs and a safe place to build your career
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Pension Plan
- Diverse work opportunities
- An open and innovative culture
- A progressive and dynamic work environment
We are more than a company…we are a community! We believe this community begins at work and with YOU!
If you possess the skills and qualifications required for this challenging position, we want to hear from you! Applications will be accepted until September 27, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Gorman Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce in a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.