Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. The Company’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
Stella-Jones recruits team members who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our ever- expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
The Forestry Supervisor, Operations carries out various field and office functions without direct supervision related to Forestry development and silviculture, to help meet the objectives of the Woodlands Department. The incumbent provides necessary direction and supervision through leadership, coaching, support and evaluation of skill level and training needs, including Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and Safety Coordinators.
- Interact and direct coworkers, log buyers, accounting, contractors, consultants and members of the public.
- Communicate regularly with other staff to ensure personnel, reporting, organizational, or system requirements or issues are raised and dealt with.
- Collaborate with EMS (Environmental Management Systems) and EH&S (Environment, Health and Safety) Coordinators to ensure compliance with and understanding of workplace regulations and policies.
- Work closely with the Woodlands Manager on managing woodlands goals, and planning all activities to meet legal and financial objectives.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets, accruals, forecasts and manage spending to achieve goals.
- Regularly update the Woodlands Manager on work status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in BC Forestry Field and Administration, with RPF or RFT with FPBC.
- Knowledge of forest practices, legislation and administration in British Columbia
- Valid driver’s license.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to self-direct and effectively organize, plan work and prioritize resources to deliver woodlands plans and activities
- Demonstrated problem solving, prioritization and conflict resolution skills
- Presentation Skills
- Proven ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations
- “Lead by example” work ethic
- Ability to: Train, motivate and coach employees / Maintain composure and work effectively under pressure / Take direction
- Time and stress management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with Forestry Based Programs
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will enjoy access to excellent benefits and incentives, including:
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability coverage
- Competitive compensation
- Annual Profit Share Program
- Retirement program (RRSP) with generous Company match (150% of employee's 4% contribution)
- Company Share Purchase Program with 10% Company contribution match
- Career advancement opportunities