Western Forest Products Inc. (WFP) is a Canadian integrated forest products company and the largest crown timber tenure holder in coastal BC. Our operating priorities: Safety (our top priority), Sustainability (a focus across our operations), Quality (sought after by customers around the world), and Productivity (operational efficiency, margin-focus, optimal results).
We are seeking to hire approximately 11 summer students for the 2024 field season. Terms range from 4 or 8 months at one of our 5 Timberlands operations located on beautiful Vancouver Island. Upon graduation, a number of our former summer students have been offered full-time positions with WFP.
Successful candidates will work alongside our teams of forest professionals to support our forest management and sustainability programs through various field activities related to silviculture and/or engineering layout.
Specific duties may include:
- Assist in the preparation of the various plans and assessments associated with cutblock development including:
- Site Plans, Harvest, Road, Silviculture and Deactivation Instructions, Cutting Permit Submissions, Road Permit Submissions and related engineering projects, and preparation of other applications as necessary.
Our ideal candidates are:
- Enrolled in a forestry related post-secondary program;
- Motivated, dependable, possess a strong work ethic, have a great attitude and thrive in a team environment;
- Have a valid class 5 driver’s license;
- In good physical condition and enjoys the challenging working environment in our coastal forests;
- Interested in pursuing a career in the forest industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We would like to get to know you. Your application package should include your resume and cover letter addressing:
- The year of education you will have completed by May 2024;
- Whether you have a preference to work in Silviculture, Engineering or both.
- Why you want to work for us; and,
- Indicate your career aspirations and how we will benefit from hiring you.
To apply please either submit your applications through your co-op program coordinator OR apply online at www.westernforest.com/careers
Closing date: 4:00pm on Tuesday, October 31, 2023.