Ministry of Forests
Hazelton, Terrace (Hybrid)
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
$62,255.85 - $70,557.73 annually plus $43.17 bi-weekly for isolation allowance for Hazelton
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) works collaboratively with regional and district operations to plan, develop, and auction a substantial portion of the province’s annual available timber volume. BCTS operates as a for-profit entity within a government organization. Its goal is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the Market Pricing System through auctions of timber harvested from British Columbia’s public land. Three overarching principles guide BCTS operations: forest sector safety, reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples and sustainable forest management.
The Forest Technologist acts with specialized knowledge and training regarding the practice of professional forestry when performing a wide variety of functions, including planning, engineering, timber sales and silviculture activities.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduation with a diploma or a degree in resource or forestry management.
- Registered with Forest Professionals British Columbia (FPBC) as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) or Registered Professional Forester (RPF) AND a minimum of two (2) years of experience in operational field forestry activities, OR
- Enrolled, or eligible for immediate enrollment, with Forest Professionals British Columbia (FPBC) as a forest professional in training (TFT, ASTFT, FIT, ASFIT), for the purpose of obtaining an RFT or RPF designation AND a minimum of four (4) years of experience in operational field forestry activities.
- Operational field forestry activities include one (1) or more of the following:
- Timber harvesting cut-block development
- Forest road engineering
- Harvest operations
- Compliance and enforcement
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
For more information and to apply online by August 10, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/102853