Stswecem’c Xget’tem Development Corporation (SXDC) is a progressive and dynamic Indigenous-owned corporation dedicated to fostering economic growth and prosperity for the First Nation (SXFN). The position of Forest Operations Manager directs, oversees, the administration and management of the day-to-day activities of forest crews, operations plan, contracts, budgets, and expenses of the forest division of the corporation. Reports to the General Manager of the development corporation.
- Post-secondary education in forestry.
- Registered or eligible for registration with Forest Professionals BC.
- Knowledge of forest management planning, silviculture and harvesting operations including some knowledge of operational costs and pricing.
- Three years or more work experience in a comparable position with demonstrated increasing responsibilities.
- Thorough understanding of forest policies, guidelines, and regulations.
- Experience in developing operational plans, budgets, management of forest crews, and financial reporting.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Ability to work safely in a forestry environment and follow all safety guidelines.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in performing duties and demonstrates personal attributes of integrity, respect, trust, honesty, compassion, and accountability.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check.
- Must have and maintain a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
- Must provide a vehicle in good operating condition and appropriate vehicle insurance to meet program requirements.
- Must reside in the geographic region (i.e., Williams Lake, 100 Mile House, Clinton) to be able to work at SXDC main office located in Dog Creek south west of the town called Williams Lake.
- Applications will only be considered from those eligible to work in Canada.
Salary: Will be based on the candidate’s education and experience.