Ministry of Forests
Multiple Locations (Hybrid)
This position can be based in a Natural Resource Sector office in B.C. Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
Forest Investment Specialist
$75,454.69 - $96,020.36 annually
The Forest Investment and Reporting Branch (FIRB) coordinates forest investments through the Forest Investment Program (FIP) to achieve multiple social, environment and economic benefits.
The Forest Investment Specialist is responsible for delivery of projects that align with the eligibility criteria and goals of FIP, most notably for reforestation, fertilization, timber supply mitigation, road rehabilitation and habitat restoration. To deliver the FIP projects, the Forest Investment Specialist will work with the Forest Investment Officers, regional Integrated Investment Specialists, Silviculture Specialists, BCTS representatives and District Stewardship staff to coordinate projects with multiple funding sources and in alignment with Regional priorities.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree in Forestry, Natural Resources Management, or related field AND minimum 3 years of recent (within the last 8 years) related operational experience; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Related experience must include:
- Experience planning and coordinating complex projects/assignments in the natural resource sector.
- Experience in concisely and persuasively writing a range of documents/content such as briefing notes, policy drafts, project charters, planning documents, project evaluation documents, reports, and correspondence for senior decision makers.
- Experience working in a silviculture program.
- Experience related to forest carbon or climate change adaptation.
- Experience providing professional advice and recommendations on legislation, policy and programs through policy papers and briefing material.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations on technical information and concepts.
- Registered (or immediately eligible for registration*) as a Professional Forester with Forest Professionals BC.
For more information and to apply online by August 18, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/103138