Ministry of Forests
100 Mile House, Clearwater, Kamloops, Merritt (hybrid)
2 Positions available.
The Engineering Technologist is position can be based out of any of the locations listed above. Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work 2 or more days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
$67,728.87 - $77,012.22 annually
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) is a unique program of the Ministry of Forests. Working collaboratively with regional and district operations, BCTS plans, develops, and auctions a substantial portion of the province’s annual available timber volume. BCTS operations are guided by three overarching principles, forest sector safety, reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples and sustainable forest management.
The Engineering Technologist is focused on implementing forest road engineering projects, which includes contract management, bridge and major structure, survey, resource roads, and road design to support the achievement of project and program objectives. The position provides: engineering technical services to support the achievement of project and/or program objectives, information to operational staff, and works closely with the Engineering Officer and/or the Woodlands Supervisor to ensure environmental, construction and legislative requirements are met.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Diploma in forest engineering, forest management or equivalent related field, plus three years of experience in a directly related operational field forestry activities, OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience such as five years of experience in one or more area of operational field forestry activities
Operational field forestry activities include the following:
• Timber harvesting monitoring/conformance
• Cut-block development
• Forest road engineering
• Timber tenure development and administration
• Applicants must be registered or eligible for registration with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals as a Registered Forest Technologist or equivalent.
• Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
For more information and to apply online by October 5, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/100738