Chartwell Resource Group Ltd. is looking for outstanding individuals to join our Engineering and Roads team. Our mission is to provide the highest calibre of service to meet the needs of our clients, and we are only as good as the people on our team.
We are looking a full-time intermediate ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN, to fulfill key roles within of our diverse and professional team. The position can be based out of any of our office locations (North Vancouver, Squamish, Chilliwack, or Sechelt). Consideration for a remote work-from-home arrangement may be considered for the right candidates. Professional designation(s) are considered an asset but are not required. Candidates with senior levels of experience are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
What We Offer:
- Opportunities to grow and build your career in an environment that recognizes talent
- A fun yet professional and safety-oriented work environment
- A diverse range of work with a multitude of clients and across a variety of sectors
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a bonus program
- A comprehensive benefits package and annual equipment allowance
- A company matching RRSP program
- Company share ownership opportunities available to eligible employees
- Detailed on-the-job training and mentorship programs
Applicants should expect primarily field-based duties (80 % or more) and will be involved in collecting field data to facilitate prescriptive repair work and design packages for engineered crossings, roads, and other resource-related infrastructure projects. Successful candidates will join our team of EGBC/FPBC/CAB/ISA accredited staff.
Responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Resource road inventory prescriptions and data compilation
- Topographic site surveys using a total station and/or RTK GPS
- Summarizing data into scopes of work for contract tendering
- Construction assurance monitoring for roads and related infrastructure
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in Resource Sector Operations
- Experience working with spatial data and mapping systems
- Experience with and/or willingness to learn how to use total stations and RTK GPS units
- A positive attitude and attention to detail is crucial
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Drivers License; experience working with trucks and ATVs
- Physically fit and able to work outdoors; willing to work in diverse and demanding conditions
- Registered or eligible for registration with either FPBC, EGBC or the ASTTBC is considered an asset
- Relevant experience in the resource industry of BC is considered a strong asset but is not a requirement
Compensation Range: $30.00 - $40.00 Hourly*
*This can be reviewed based on experience.
If you are interested in working with us, please forward your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We look forward to hearing from you!