Ministry of Forests
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home a few days a week subject to an approved telework agreement.
Engineering Program Specialist
$80,652.20 - $91,992.70 annually
The Ministry of Forests is responsible for the stewardship of provincial Crown land and ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land-based resources. The Ministry works with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversify their economies.
The Engineering Program Specialist supports planning and implementing capital projects throughout the North Area. In addition, the position is to provide sound technical expertise, advice and guidance to support District, BC Timber Sales and Branch Engineering staff on all aspects of managing the ministry resource roads and bridge infrastructure across the province. Work is performed across large geographic areas and may vary depending on the priorities and unique situations within the North Area.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Forestry or Natural Resource Management or a technical diploma in a related field (i.e. forestry, forest engineering, survey geomatics, geoscience, construction) or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in road, bridge and major structures design or construction or maintenance; gained within the last ten (10) years. OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Registered, or eligible for immediate registration, with Forest Professionals British Columbia (FPBC) as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) or equivalent. Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction.
- Experience in Natural Resource Management, Resource Road Engineering, Natural Resource Operations and access management.
- Experience in contract and/or project supervision.
For more information and to apply online by September 29, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/103680