Ministry of Forests
Certification Standards Officer
$73,855.42 - $84,134.34 annually
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) works collaboratively with regional and district operations to plan, develop and auction a substantial portion of the province’s annual available timber volume. A career path in BC Timber Sales offers exceptional opportunities to develop new solutions to complex problems and to learn and grow personally and professionally. BCTS employees have the opportunity to impact public and private forests, communities, the economy and the lives of British Columbians in positive and unique ways. To find out more about our program, check out the BCTS website.
The Certification Standards Officer (CSO) is responsible for coordinating, implementing, monitoring and improving forest certification systems and safety across BCTS. The CSO must ensure the alignment of the BCTS program with provincial programs through the employment of leadership and influence skills. This position is the primary contact for internal and third-party forest certification audits to evaluate adherence to and the performance of prescribed standards and processes. Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why Work for the Ministry of Forests.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduation from an approved technical institute with a diploma or a degree in resource or forestry management and three (3) years of experience in one (1) or more operational field-forestry activities, OR
- An equivalent combination of education and five (5) years of experience in one (1) or more operational field forestry.
- Operational field forestry activities include one (1) or more of the following:
- Timber harvesting monitoring/conformance
- Cut-block development
- Forest road engineering
- Timber tenure development and administration
- Applicants must be registered or eligible for registration with Forest Professionals British Columbia (FPBC) as a Registered Forest Technologist or equivalent.
- Experience with Environmental Management Systems, Sustainable Forest Management and Safety Certification Systems.
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
For more information and to apply online by February 28, 2024, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/109631