Transferring Forest Professionals

A Transferring Forest Professional (TFP) is an RPF or RFT in good standing from another Canadian jurisdiction who transfers to Forest Professionals BC (FPBC).

Labour Mobility Agreements

In compliance with the agreements below, regulatory bodies, such as ours, are required to mutually recognize the qualifications of forest professionals from other Canadian jurisdictions:

Professional Foresters

  • If you are a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) from another Canadian jurisdiction, you may qualify for recognition as Registered Professional Forester (RPF) in BC and be entitled to full practice rights in BC.

Forest Technologists

  • If you are a Registered Professional Forest Technologist from Alberta or Saskatchewan, you may qualify for recognition as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) in BC and be entitled to full practice rights in BC.
  • If you are transferring from a province other than Alberta or Saskatchewan, and want to become a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) in BC, you are not eligible for transfer and must go through our RFT registration process. Go to the Registered Forest Technologist page for details.

Apply for Registration


To apply as a TFP under the provisions of the labour mobility agreements, you must be fully registered (RPFT or RPF) in good standing with one of the following Canadian regulatory bodies:

  • Alberta Association of Forest Management Professionals
  • College of Alberta Professional Foresters
  • College of Alberta Professional Forest Technologists
  • Association of Saskatchewan Forestry Professionals
  • Ontario Professional Foresters Association
  • Ordre des ingénieurs forestiers du Québec
  • Registered Professional Foresters of Newfoundland Labrador
  • Association of Registered Professional Foresters of New Brunswick
  • Registered Professional Foresters Association of Nova Scotia

Note: If you are a trainee or a conditional registrant of a listed organization or if your organization is not listed, you are not eligible to transfer. To become a registrant, you must enrol as a trainee and complete FPBC’s registration requirements. For more information, visit the Become a Registrant page.


Complete and submit the Transferring Forest Professional Application Package along with the required documents and fees noted in the package.

Registration Process

  1. Your application will be reviewed by FPBC for completeness and accuracy.
  2. Completed applications are forwarded to our board for approval. The process takes four to six weeks.
  3. If approved, you will be granted professional status (RFT or RPF) with full practice rights in BC, conditional on completing the TFP registration requirements within six months of registration.
  4. TFP requirements are completed online, and include information modules and related exams.
  5. Upon completing the TFP requirements, you will be a fully registered professional (RFT or RPF) in BC.

TFP Registration Requirements

See information on registration requirements for Transferring Forest Professionals.


Contact the registration department.